This 35-year-old woman is Odina and she has operated this wedding salon in Qorgontepa, Uzbekistan for more than a decade.
Her work provides an income for her and her three children, including the fees for them to attend school.
Now, she has applied for a loan from Kiva because she wants to expand the selection for her clients, to help provide them the wedding day of their dreams.
After all, a woman's wedding day is a day of dreams for the future, dreams of a life with children, dreams of creating their new family.
Having a choice in the wedding gown for that day is part of the dream.
I remember that for my wedding in 1992, I could not find the gown of my dreams, so I created it myself, with my aunt's sewing machine.
Of course, I live in the USA and electricity is everywhere.
Many homes in Uzbekistan do not have electricity unless they are in big cities, so many new brides depend on wedding salons for their special day.
As a Nerdfighter, of course I supported Odina and her mission to help others' dreams to become reality.
Fortunately for me, part of the money I loaned her was supplied by Kiva.
The rest of the money for her loan came from funds repaid by other borrowers to whom I have loaned money this year.
Full circle.
My thanks to them all.
(smile!)

1 comment:
Odina's loan for $1275 has been fully funded!
Hooray!!!
Post a Comment