Thursday, February 9, 2012

a circus burlesque


They had me at "burlesque".
That's one of my magic words, like "adventure".
Even though they're in Texas and I will most likely never get to see a live performance.
But the shows at Club One, here in Savannah, can come pretty close!
Here's how they introduce the Lipschtick Collective:
It wasn’t until their mid-teens that four lonely lipschtick-ers, each of whom had a peculiarly gaudy aesthetic informed by their distinctively Jewish families, finally found each other. Their aesthetic was honed as they grew closer and over the years they attracted a whole collective of people with enough chutzpah to let their freak flags fly.
Bloody marvelous!!!
Apparently, I am not the only one who agrees with that assessment, as they have surpassed their funding goal by 50%. Sah-weet!
I'll look forward to that thank-you letter with its "juicy kiss"!

No comments: