Friday, February 10, 2012

shredly - awesome mountain bike apparel for women


What's not to like? Bright and bold colors or feminine and flourished designs on, of all things, biking clothes. For women, designed by women. Once upon a time, I would have been ecstatic to have clothes like this when I was riding all day with the wind in my hair. Oh, yeah!
Maybe one day I will again straddle a bike, who knows? But I do know this: I have friends and children of friends who are women who ride. So, I am funding this kickstarter project for them.
Ashley Rankin, the founder of this project and creator of the Shredly Trifecta, has a background in apparel design. Tiring of the solid blacks or two-toned offerings, she has a line of patterned fabrics that let the world know that a woman is astride that frame! The peacock design is named for her and was most likely her first, but there are seven others which are sure to satisfy the eye as well as pleasure the body: paint-splattered Nikoli, bubbly Rixford, the tropical palms of Jaylen, the fuchsias of Caroline; modernist Stevi, paisley Mama, and jacquard RRR. Rawrr!
I may have to get a pair - or two - of these shorts for myself, once they go into production. Who doesn't need a pair of comfy, pretty shorts that don't make you sweat?
For now, though, I'll look forward to getting the package of stickers to share with the cyclists in my life.
Toot toot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Update #3
Feb 10 2012
I was sitting in an internet cafe, and then it just happened!

I am sitting in an internet cafe displaying a great waterworks show because I am so overwhelmed by the outpouring of support, enthusiasm and the coming together of over 100 people from around the world who have made SHREDLY a reality.

I cannot express my deepest appreciation to each and every one of you who pre-ordered, posted, shared, liked, promoted, supported, and encouraged.

I find it amazing that together, you FUNDED this project, not the bank and not an investor. Simply YOU!

I hope I someday have the opportunity to help make your dream come true in return.

More to come, but for now everyone pat yourself on the back and have a drink!

I can't wait to see SHREDLY all over the trails this summer, please follow us on Facebook and share your adventures with us! www.facebook.com/shredlymtnbikeapparel.

Thank you so much,

Ashley Rankin
SHREDLY