Thursday, February 9, 2012

owen's hobby - a narrative short


This is not Zachary Burke's first project posted on kickstarter. Actually, this is not the first time this SCAD senior has posted to raise funds for "Owen's Hobby". In fall of 2011, he was trying to finish the film and had a pretty high financial goal - which fell short. So, that meant he received no funds for that campaign.
This time around, he's done with filming and has it in post-production status. So, the funding needs are less and the goal is more within reach.
I like the premise: a stalker has to choose between outing himself as a pervert or allowing harm to come to the object of his attraction. It reminds me of the plot in one of my favorite Melanie Griffith's movies, "Body Double". (Aside: Excellent Brian de Palma movie and a soundtrack that includes "Relax" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood - magnifique!)
I'm hoping others will join me in the funding - I would love to own the hard copy of this film!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update #2
Feb 15, 2012
Delays again

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say thank you for all of your support. Unfortunately, as you're probably aware, the fundraiser has failed. Due to this, I'm sorry to say that we'll be postponing the release indefinitely. We just can't afford to finish and release at this time. Thanks again for your help.

-Zach

faustina said...

I just realized that I have known Zach for several years now!
He's been part of Odd Lot, the improv group fr several years!
He's acted in numerous plays and musicals around Savannah!
Wow!
Small world!
(smile)