Friday, February 10, 2012

genesis: air, water, life


Rachel Strickland wants to tell the story of the creation of life, but she does not have the technology needed to construct her Petri dish.
That's right: Petri dish.
Right off the bat, she's using scientific terminology - and using it in its full context - and that is what hooked me.
Of course, the fact that she is also a dancer probably helped to set the hook.
So, this kickstarter project, set in lovely San Francisco (home of my SAR best friend), became my last project of the day for funding. I've tossed $LIV (hint: Roman numerals) into this quest for a dream come true. That amount makes it an early birthday gift to me, as I cannot imagine my ever giving the dvd to anyone else.
Sure, I'll share it. You bet I will!
I just might make the gumbo, too, and share that with family and friends! (Shhh! It's a top-secret recipe!)
If I can make it to the show, that would be pretty gratifying, too.
But the video is going to be mine!
I know, I know, I sound pretty confident of that.
Well, here is the reason. "Genesis: Air, Water, Life" has already reached its funding goal of $2000.00. Within 24 hours of the project's launch, Madame Rex, aerialist and hoop dancer, had the funds, plus some. Pretty amazing, and quite a vote of confidence!
To quote her: From every bit of the stardust in me, thank you all!
From every bit of the stardust in me, thank You.
What a wonderful birthday gift this will be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


Rachel Strickland-- Madame Rex

12:05 PM, Feb 11, 2012

Thank you for your support Fliss! :)

faustina said...


fliss
fliss
Feb 11, 2012

You are certainly welcome, Rachel!

I've been trying to figure out how to come for the show, but Seattle is just a bit too far. Here's hoping for closer venues in the future!

Faustina Smith

Rachel said...


Rachel Strickland-- Madame Rex

12:40 PM, Feb 13, 2012

I LOVE Savannah. As an expat Southerner, I think my reward for working hard will be to move back to the South to share all the skills I learned on the left-hand coast. Savannah is one of my top choices! I am so glad they have you there to support the arts and spread the love.

So yes my friend, closer venues will someday be had.

Cheers!
Rachel