Thursday, February 9, 2012

bringing back R&B




Georgia project?
Check!
Music?
Check!
Old school, Motown sound?
Check!
Well, then, I'm in!
While checking out some other kickstarter talent in the Southeastern United States, I was caught my Tre Powell's earnestness. Also, his style of speaking and sense of humor reminds me of my dear friend Sam Johnson, dead for almost three years now.
This is my second time backing a music project on kickstarter. The first, you may recall, was just a few months ago, for a fellow in Florida. I had gotten into that one almost too late; this one, I'm one of the early birds.
I look forward to having Pre's CD - with my picture on the cover, as my reward! That will be totally different!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update #1
Feb 7, 2012
Not a zero, woohoo!!!

Ok, so I was so nervous about posting this project, and I still am. However, I am also excited because I already have 2 backers! Thanks guys, I"m super excited.

- Tre

Anonymous said...

Tre Powell
Feb 10, 2012

I just wanted to say how much I appreciated you backing my project. This was a wonderful and unexpected surprise. God Bless.

faustina said...


fliss
fliss
Feb 10, 2012

I do wish you great success! The music business is a hard road, but as long as you have faith in yourself and your tunes, there is always brightness on your path.
: )

Faustina

faustina said...

7 March 2012:

Sadly, the project did not attain its funding goal.
I guess we will have to listen for his music online, perhaps. I did include his webpage link in my post.