Friday, February 10, 2012

rosemary's cabaret


I was actively seeking to complete my kickstarter wheel and found this project.
The category satisfied by this choice is "dance".
The project is named in memory of his grandmother, who died of breast cancer, and in honor of his mother, a breast cancer survivor. You see, every year, his mother's group, Team Rosemary, participates in the Race For The Cure in Philadelphia. This project is a fundraiser for that group, too.
How could I not be a backer, having read all of that? I am so very fortunate that breast cancer has not struck down any of those I hold dear... yet. I have known, through six degrees of separation (sometimes less) several women who have died from this cancer, women of all ages.
I now have a breast cancer survivor in my family, on my ex's side, in Tennessee. She has not yet hit that magical five-year cancer-free mark, but I hope she will.
So, in honor of Gwen Ladd, I'm putting some money into this project.
What do I get in return? Well, I'll have my name listed as a "Patron" in the program for the dance that Tim Chester and his troupe will perform at the fundraiser.
Oh, one more reward - personal satisfaction.
That's always a good thing to have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...


Tim Chester
Tim Chester
6:28 PM, Feb 10, 2012

Thank You so much for your generous pledge!

We are so excited to have your support!

Tim

faustina said...

fliss
Feb 11, 2012

You are most welcome, Tim.
I see that your project is becoming a great success and hope it will continue to raise funds for such a worthy cause!

Faustina Smith

Anonymous said...

Tim Chester
11:47 pm, Feb 12, 2012

To my "Patrons"

I can't believe we made our Kickstarter goal in 3 days.

As you can imagine this show is not only important to me as an artist showing my work in NYC, but as someone who has lost loved ones to breast cancer, and still has loved ones in their life, thanks to generous donators to breast cancer research.

As a special THANK YOU!
You can now purchase tickets to Rosemary Cabaret at 50% off. Use the discount: Backers

at http://www.eventbee.com/main/eventmanage/ManageTickets?eid=866770263

Thank You Again!

Tim