Friday, April 11, 2014

the bridge partner and peter s. beagle




When an esteemed author and screenwriter of fantasy was asked by a master storyteller to write a mystery and agrees to do so, that's pretty interesting.
When that short story then becomes one of those in the "Best American Mystery Stories 2012" later that year, well, that's pretty noteworthy.
Especially to a fan of both fantasy and mystery.
Like myself.
Especially when the mystery focuses on two strong female characters.
And is not centered around a man.
That's very interesting.
Now, the short story is to be a short film.
Thanks go to Gabriel Olson, who not only wrote the screenplay and will direct, but had the good sense to involve Peter S. Beagle, author of the story, in his endeavors. What kind of work does he do? Can he weave a tale that keeps the interest?
Well, venture down to his brag-reel on the kickstarter page and judge for yourself. (I especially like the Coca-Cola commercial that features the two roommates with a couch problem. Very funny!)
Now, then, I don't want you to think that I joined this parade at the start.
Oh, no. I've tagged on to the tail end, along with 274 other latecomers. You see, they met goal on March 24, after only 14 days, with the first 212 backers on kickstarter.
Very impressive!
That goal was $21,000.
So they added a stretch goal... and another... and another....
Now, their original deadline is later tonight. Their last stretch goal of $45,000 is within grasp.
My little $36 will still help!
And I'll be treated to the downloads of the film and the score... and I will receive the script!
And... ta da!!! A copy of some new poems and song lyrics by the fantasy writer! Sah-weet!
You bet I'm in!

1 comment:

faustina said...

fliss
May 28, 2014

Woohoo! Glad to be part of the team!
I very much enjoy murder mysteries, so how could I possible "pass" on this opportunity?
:-)

I look forward to the film and your future success!!!

Faustina "Fliss" Smith